Successful Rapid Prototyping
October 27 from 5:30 – 7 p.m. at the SFBI, Fab Lab Hub founder Sarah Boisvert will talk about the ins and outs of rapid prototyping new products. Sarah is a 30-year veteran of the medical device and microelectronics industries and brought the Laser for LASIK eye surgery, coronary stents, Apple computers, and many other products to market. She’ll cover:
- Market discovery’s role in building your first prototype
- How 3D Printing can speed rapid prototyping of fully functional models
- When to choose other manufacturing processes for prototypes especially in microfluidic and biotech applications
- Understanding Design for Manufacturability in the prototype stage
- Design Thinking and the Iterative Design Process
After Sarah’s 1-hour presentation with Q&A, we’ll have time for refreshments and networking.