A 21st Century Path to Engaging, Well-paying Digital New Collar Jobs Without a College Degree!
New Collar Digital Badges are Affordable, Short Term, Micro-certifications Giving Workers the Specific Skills In-demand for Today’s Engaging,
Yesterday’s Blue Collar Jobs are now digital New Collar Jobs using fun tools right out of science fiction like 3D Printing and Robotics! New Collar jobs span industries from dental offices to Amazon warehouses and Walmart Stores to Meta [Facebook] development teams.
Best of all, hiring practices are changing and many companies now don’t require a college degree if you can demonstrate the skills they need!
New Collar Digital Badge Advantages
- Adhere to international OpenBadge Standards to ensure reliability of certifications
- Can be shared with potential employers or college admissions officers
- The badges are issued by the North American Digital Fabrication Alliance, a non-profit organization of colleges and universities, Fab Labs, businesses, K – 12 schools, and maker spaces that is a recognized organization in the international Fab Lab Network founded at MIT’s Center for Bits and Atoms.
- 3D Printing subject matter badges were developed in collaboration with America Makes, the national 3D Printing accelerator partially funded by the US Dept. of Defense
- Approved by the US Department of Labor as the formal training component in a new Registered Apprenticeship for 3D Printing Technicians
- Approved as the basis of a 3D Printing pre-apprenticeship partially funded by Los Alamos National Lab
Digital Badges are transforming education and you can get started now!
Click on the Badge icon below to learn more
about each digital badge!
Made Possible in Part by
Virtual On-line Instructor-led Classes with Hands-on Self-Practice in Your Home, School, or Workplace!
In person classes are offered in Santa Fe, NM or at one of the locations listed on the lower right on this page.
Here are some upcoming Instructor-Led classes including some that are hybrid virtual and in person.
Don’t go it alone! With a steep learning curve, you’ll have an Instructor’s help either online or in person to speed your path to mastering powerful
CAD Design software.
Starts July 11, 2022
“My design grew and improved in ways I never could have initially predicted.”
“This class has been incredible to someone that has zero technical experience with computers… the fact that I’m working on the leading edge of technology is exciting for me.”
“Having this education … gives me that sense of stability knowing that I’m developing skills [for a] future with new industries.”