The New Collar Network project was founded by educators, employers, and visionaries who want to reimagine traditional education to better serve our communities.
It is part of the non-profit North American Digital Fabrication Alliance [NADFA], based in Santa Fe, New Mexico. NADFA’s 501(c)3 status was granted by the U.S. IRS in 2018 and the organization is open to anyone or any organization interested in furthering digital fabrication training and lifelong learning in North America. To that end, NADFA is the issuing body for Digital Badges for New Collar jobs skills such as operating 3D printers or repairing robots.
Founding members include:
- Fab Lab Baltimore at the Community College of Baltimore County, Catonsville, MD
- Fab Lab El Paso, El Paso, TX
- Fab Lab Hub, Santa Fe, NM
- Fab Lab at Lorain County Community College, Lorain, OH
- Fab Lab Tulsa, Tulsa, OK
- Incite Focus, Detroit, MI
- MakerspaceCT, Hartford, CT
- The 3D Printing Store, Denver, CO