Digital Badge: Fundamentals of FDM 3-D Printing Instructor-Led
Gain a clear knowledge of how in an FDM 3D Printer operates and learn best practices to operate a machine for optimal results. Verification of achievement of the following skills via completing a project that solves a problem in the badge earner’s life:
- Understand the principle of operation of an FDM machine.
- Understand the advantages and limitations of FDM compared to other manufacturing technologies.
- Be able to set up a print using a slicer, including layout and orientation.
- Understand how layout and orientation affect a print.
- Know when and how to use support when printing a model.
- Knowledge of common materials for FDM and the differences between them.
- Understand when and how to calibrate an FDM printer.
- Be able to discern high-quality from low-quality prints and to identify specific problems with a print.
- Be able to load and unload filament into the printer.
- Be able to identify and resolve common problems with the printer, including clogs.
Upskill in your current job or qualify for a new career by earning a badge that verifies your ability to successfully operate an FDM 3D Printer.
When selecting your type of class – once you begin selecting your option, the word “clear” highlighted in blue will appear just below the location selection window. To see all your options reappear if they disappear just click that word “clear” highlighted in blue to start over and make your specific selection.