2-hour weekly class with self-practice between classes
January 19 from 4 – 5:30 p.m. Mountain Time [Santa Fe NM]
3D printing has opened up a myriad of possibilities for jewelers. While direct metal 3D Printing is not yet commonplace in the industry, 3D Printing molds for casting adds a number of advantages to designers, including:
- high precision at faster speeds than hand mold-making
- resolution at approximately 1 mil with stereo lithography 3D Printers
- ability to create complex geometries that are impossible with other production methods
In this class you will
- Learn the principles of digital design with considerations for best casting results
- Design jewelry molds that will be 3D Printed and photographed for you to review
- Review your designs with the class in order to ideate revisions
- Receive a final sanitized 3D Print of your mold
Instructor Mayte Cardenas combines knowledge of digital design, jewelry making, casting and post-processing to give you a total picture of today’s advanced technologies.
There are no reviews yet.