Digital Badge: Fundamentals of FDM 3-D Printing Self-Paced On-Line
Gain a clear knowledge of how an FDM 3D Printer operates and learn best practices to operate a machine for optimal results. Verification of achievement of the following skills via completing a project that solves a problem in the badge earner’s life:
- Understand the principle of operation of an FDM machine.
- Understand the advantages and limitations of FDM compared to other manufacturing technologies.
- Be able to set up a print using a slicer, including layout and orientation.
- Understand how layout and orientation affect a print.
- Know when and how to use support when printing a model.
- Knowledge of common materials for FDM and the differences between them.
- Understand when and how to calibrate an FDM printer.
- Be able to discern high-quality from low-quality prints and to identify specific problems with a print.
- Be able to load and unload filament into the printer.
- Be able to identify and resolve common problems with the printer, including clogs.
Upskill in your current job or qualify for a new career by earning a badge that verifies your ability to successfully operate an FDM 3D Printer.
Today’s technologies let you learn at your own pace, practice as much as you’d like using free, online CAD design software, compile a portfolio to solve a real world problem, and earn an industry-recognized Digital Badge micro-certification.
Our state-of-the-art Blackboard Learning Management System will lead you through the course. Mentoring by real live experts in the field will help you work through any questions and you’ll be able to sign up for online “office hours”. You’ll also be able to collaborate with other learners in the program.
Once you complete your purchase here, you’ll receive an email in 24 hours from our New Collar Network Blackboard system with your login credentials.
You can get started immediately. There is no minimum amount of time to complete the course as long as you submit a project portfolio to the system that is then evaluated to earn the badge.
Get started today on your path to a new career in 3D Printing!